Infographics are a great way to communicate information in a visual way that tells a story creatively. They are eye-catching, focus on the essential details, and leave the viewer with something memorable.
Companies will usually hire graphic designers to create stunning infographics for their audiences, but there are some quality free infographic makers online, like http://infogr.am or http://piktochart.com.
Today, you are going to begin making an infographic! Here’s your step-by-step process:
- Browse infographics and get inspired at http://visual.ly/ or
- Decide on a topic you’d like to present information on. Take time to do this in class.
- Decide whether you are going to go digital with http://infogr.am or http://piktochart.com/ or use pen and paper to create your infographic. If paper, use a medium-sized (approx. 11×17) sheet of construction paper or similar paper.
- Do the necessary research to find the information you need.
- Begin creating your infographic. It will be due next Wednesday for presentation to the class.
- Do not forget to cite all your sources.